Laying Out Someone Else's Text

As for the brochure, well, who could forget this?

Alarming, no? I mean, who knew yellow could be so loud? I sort of don’t have any problem with it conceptually: I wanted to use bullet points to get the ideas across in a quick way. I figured that anyone who was interested in using this type of service would want to know what it was all about pretty quickly. I wanted to use primary colors because I read somewhere once that kids do better when surrounded by primary colors.
Somehow, this yellow and red thing resulted, and it was freaking ugly. Nothing could be further from the tranquility of a sleeping baby than this visually disturbing, yellow and red creation that appeared surprisingly violent.
I also didn’t like the font. I used the big, bubbly Gil Sans in the original. One of the Before and After readings suggested that we use the same font family throughout, and in the original, I used Gil Sans bold and italic along with the regular. The font just didn’t do the job, though. In the revision, I decided to use Bradley Hand. It’s kind of fun and playful, so I thought it would work better with the newly softened brochure.  I did, however, keep the Gil Sans for the phone numbers and contact info. The numbers in Bradley Hand just ran together and were hard to read.  
I found this one to be the most challenging of the assignments, both the draft and the revision. I struggled with it from the get-go.
Here's the revision:

It still isn't perfect: that middle fold could be improved, and I go up and back on the black versus the pink. But at least it won't scare little kids.